Monday, August 3, 2009

Welcome August!

It is so hard to believe it is already August. It seems like it was the beginning of Spring just last month and everything was just starting to green up, the trees were budding, etc . Now we are 3/4 into the year and beginning the road to Fall. School will be starting in a few weeks; many will start school for the first time and others will be entering their final year of high school. Two people come to mind here. My good friend (other sister) Cristina's sweet little Dora will start Kindergarten this year while my eldest niece, Shanea, will be in her Senior year. As one is starting their school days the other is ending one chapter in order to begin another. I'm sure many of my blogs will include the doings of my family. So this part is To Be Continued...

So, it is August. With August, at least in these parts of the country, come those dreaded hot summer days; one more opportunity for summer to punch us in the face with the heat. However, the last few weeks have been unusually pleasant. The mornings and evenings have just been beautiful! Everything is so green and lush; not to mention my yard that will be terrible to mow! It's hard to believe this time last year everything was brown, typical for August, but we were feeding hay to the cattle because there was no rain and no grass to speak of!!! Everyday is a blessing, but I'm thankful how blessed we (my parents) have been in the area of the cattle farm. Speaking of lush, my 4 0'clocks planted by my front porch are in full bloom. They have been for several weeks, but they just keep getting pretty. They are a pleasant burst of color around the house. Some days I just have to lean over the porch and admire God's beauty. It's so hard to believe that plants begin as tiny seeds!

With August, which I've touched on a little, also comes SCHOOL....school starts in three weeks. Just when one gets their child back to normal after being around certain kids for a year it is time to throw them back in the fire again. Oh, I so hope this is a better school year for my sister's sake. I don't understand the thrill of being in trouble all the time and not doing my homework. There is just no fun in that at all. Keeping the fingers crossed for a good year!

Also with August comes the Dog Days of Summer; aka snakes are blind as they are shedding their skins. All I can say about this is I hate snakes. The only good snake is a dead one.

This time last year we began the Biggest Loser at work. I was so excited and energized after losing 42 pounds from August to November. Sad to say I gained much of it back over the course of the year. So, starting today I am getting back on track again. I feel so pumped! Already had my grits this morning followed by a 20 oz bottle of water. After seeing how I looked after just 42 pounds and feeling so great I know now what I can achieve. Even though I hate it tremendously that I gained back, it was a good thing in a way. One, I know I can do it. And, two, I didn't know just how bad and tired I felt before. Now I know and I don't want to live this way anymore! So, I'm going to spend the second half of my year of 30 and into my 31st year fighting the fight to getting healthy.

I don't know of anything else that comes with the month of August. Again, it is hard to believe August is already here. Where does the time go?

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. Can't believe she is going to be in Kindergarten and Shanea will be a Senior.

    ReplyDelete