Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Long time no blog!

Hello blogger buddies. I was just realizing today I haven't blogged in a while; and I have no excuse - except for I forgot!

Nothing really exciting going on in my world that I can think of. Just the normal routine for me. My oldest niece, Shanea, is graduating from high school this week - this is exciting. Boy how time flies. I remember when she came into our family 3 1/2 years ago; as a freshman. Don't know that my sister truly knew what she was saying yes to when she took the girls in that cold December day, but I know she wouldn't change anything for the world.


My, how Shanea has grown up. She was a 'scared rabbit' a few years back and never hardly said a word. Boy, has she changed!! Nowadays you get her going and she doesn't hush. I truly feel fortunate and blessed that I've been able to watch her grow up and mature into a fine young lady on fire for God! I remember her Freshman year being a rough one; didn't want to do her homework, but did and could have cared less about school and making anything of herself. One day during her Sophomore year I think it clicked...she was talking about college and what she wanted for her life. She is on the track to accomplishing all those things. I am very proud of her and the goals she has set. Her life is in front of her and she knows she's worth it and can do anything she puts her mind to.

Shanea has been accepted to College of the Ozarks in Point Lookout, MO; she's majoring in elementary education. Seeing her work and grow at church I just know she will make a fine teacher! Congratulations Shanea Renee Smith..your auntie Lindsay loves you so much and is so very proud of you!!! God Bless you Shanea and the entire graduating Class of 2010!

Goodness, what a wild 3 1/2 years it's been. Lots of changes, happenings, tears, laughs and moments in my family. You never know what life is going to throw at you until it's a line drive right at you. You just got to be ready to catch it!



Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment