Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wowsers! It's 2010 already

I can't believe it is 2010 already. Seems like yesterday we were all preparing, or at least hearing about, the Y2K scare. Now, 10 years later, we are 13 days into a new decade. Where does the time go? I grew up hearing adults around me saying just that, "Where does the time go?" Time seemed to move at a glacier pace back then, but boy does that change. It's weird for me to say, "I remember twenty years ago.....or twenty-five years ago...." And now some 30 years later I recall so much from years past and can see those years when time seemed to stand still and the years when time was a flash. The flash was turned on almost overnight...one day time was turtle speed and the next it was lightning. It's stayed lightning ever since. But, I guess as long as one is enjoying life and doing what God wants then it is all worth it.

I know I'm several days into the new year, 13 to be exact, but I want to wish all my fellow bloggers a very Happy 2010. I hope it is a great year for all of you and you grow in the desires of the Lord. I'm not big on new year's resolutions, but if I were my top one would be to grow closer to God; remembering where I am right now with God and seeing where I am on 12/31/10 with God. I love God, love growing with Him, and want to pass that love around because His love is abundant!!

In 2010 I'm also promising myself to lose 100 pounds by the end of the year. I know it is a very reachable goal with hard work, dedication, and will power from those potato chips! I balled like a baby last night while watching this season's The Biggest Loser. Dr. H was talking to the people about how old the inside of their body was. There is a girl on there about my age and size who's internal body was 25 years older than her age. That was a real eye opener for me and very frightening thinking about what I'm doing to my body. You know I'm no better than a drunk; we just have different addictions. Dr. H was also talking about how being overweight effects ones family and loved ones. I know my parents are proud of me, but I also know they ache for me because the don't want to out live me or see me suffer from weight related problems. I just have to get up and get moving. I lost 45 pounds in 2008 and I am sorry to say I gained it back in 2009. Before I lost those pounds I thought I felt good. I didn't know just how bad I felt, physically and mentally, until I gained it back. My self esteem is in the gutter and I am having trouble picking it up. I know how I see myself and it terrifies me wondering how others see me. I am usually a pretty happy and upbeat person, but my limitations just snowballed me and brought me to my knees. So, blogger buddies, I'm asking you all to say a little prayer for me. Pray for my esteem and that I stick to it this time! You all are so wonderful!

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay I am here for you and saying a prayer!! You are are wonderful giving person and everyone who knows you knows that!!!!! You have my prayers going out for you and my encouragement is just a cube away if ya need it. I have been thinking the same thing as well you are not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky..you are a great friend and I'm glad you're in my life :)

    ReplyDelete