Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 1 . . . I'm getting my life back!

Well, today is the day.  That makes me think of a song:  this is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it!  I've started and ended many 'diet' plans over the course of my life; seldom being successful.  Today, I pray this is a turn around not only in my inability to start something and succeed, but also to start this weight loss journey and regain control of MY body and health before it's too late.

Day 1 of HMR (Heath Management Resource):  I will just point out that I don't plan on staying on the HMR plan for the extent of my weight loss journey.  I'm mainly using it to help me get started on the track to healthy eating.  Nonetheless today is the beginning of the rest of my life!  I've said it many times and many times I've failed.  BUT, with my prayer, your prayers for strength I'm letting God lead me this time.  Weird statement I know.  I let God lead me for everything except for what or how much I put in my mouth!  I'm turning my weight issue over to God.  Sounds really crazy maybe.  He isn't the one responsible for making me 'fluffy'.  Well, he's not the one who causes people to sin, but we still turn things over to Him don't we?  My weight loss journey is no different.  It's through Him that I will succeed this time.  The determination is there, but oh the willpower!

I won't tell my starting weight until I'm finished.  That's a number that only myself, God and my doctor know!  When I'm finished I will tell how much I've lost.  Let me just say I have a long road to go.  I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!  I have to keep telling myself that.  I'm going to use my blog to keep track and a record of my progress. 


Ugg, I never let anyone take a head-to-toe picture of me.  Thanks Sara for snapping my mug. . . So, here's to Day 1! 
July 5, 2011:  Day 1
Until next time . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment