Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome October and Ozark Cty Walk-a-bout 2012

Yesterday was March and today is October.....well it wasn't really but sure seems like it anyway.  This year is zoom, zoom, zooming by.  Are you enjoying it?  Are you living it to the fullest? 

Things have been relatively quiet the past week or so.  The Ozark County Walk-A-Bout started October 1.  All my miles will be logged for them this month :)  I had to go out of town over the weekend (to Tan-Tar-A) for the 2012 MSBA Conference (aka school board conference).  It was a great conference with wonderful speakers and sessions.  I enjoy things like that and learning as much as I can.  I don't think one can ever learn too much.  I want to be a good board member for my school and community!

Been continuing with my walking; adding a little more jogging each time.  Days were long while at the conference so three days of sitting on my tail really hurt!  My Sunday afternoon walk/jog was a booger!!!  Can we say ouch with a big 'O' to the chins and calves!  Mercy, mercy, mercy!  But, by the time I was wrapping up the stroll I was getting stretched out.  Yesterday's stroll was much better....and I jogged (in intervals) one mile of the two!  Hurt like crazy but I did it.  A dear friend, who shall remain nameless, tells me, "do your best, push hard, and when you think you've done all you can, push harder!"  That's all that was going through my mind in my jogs the last two days....push harder Linz! **side note** Yes, I do know when to stop before hurting myself.  I just have to learn to endure and push when my mind (not my body) tells me to stop.  My mind would win nearly every time and leave me on the couch if I'd let it.

Log for this week:
  • Sunday - 2 miles (with my momma and my pup)  Makes me feel good that that skinny binny now has to keep up with me at times ;)
  • Monday - 2 miles (with both pups; Tucker and Jasper) Jasper has this thing about cutting in front of my feet when I get to jogging.....bad!  So far I've kept myself vertical, but it's only a matter of time before he takes me out! HA! 
  • Tuesday - TBA, but I'm hoping for 4

Until next time . . . Run for life!




No comments:

Post a Comment