Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Squeeze 'Em to Save 'Em 5K

Good day every one!  This is the first time I've had a chance to update since the weekend.  This past weekend was the first Squeeze 'Em to Save 'Em 5K in conjunction with Hootin and Hollarin; and my second 5K!!  Yes, I did it :)  It was such a beautiful, first day of Fall, morning!  Perfect strolling weather.  There was a nice turn out for the 5K and one mile walk.  It was nice to see several out for this.  Proceeds from this race go to Susan B Komen Race for the Cure.

We did it!  (L to R):  Amanda, Me, Teresa....best friends since elementary :)

I have to admit I thought I'd be a little more nervous for this race than my first one from the previous weekend.  It's a little more intimidating in front of people you know than in the company of complete strangers! But it wasn't too bad.  I post all my workouts on facebook as an accountability measure so this race was putting me to the test.....since many of my fellow racers follow me on facebook :)  

It was awesome running across that finish line to cheers!  For a second I didn't feel overweight :)  The rest of those seconds...well, I was full of enthusiasm, excitement, and knowing that what I'm doing is working; slowly but it's working! Oh...and I did much better this week than last; 50.04 minutes instead of just over an hour plus a little more running.  Probably could have been finished sooner, but I think I got chatty.  Right now my time isn't my focus, finishing is. But, I do aspire to medal one day :) 

**Sidenote**  I get so cracked up when people hear I've done a 5K.  Sure I get a lot of "good for you" comments.  But the comments that crack me up are, "REALLY?  YOU did a 5K?  Wow, I'm impressed."  I just laugh and respond with a, "Yes I did."

The next 5K is the weekend of October 6th and it's a virtual race.  So back to the trail I go. 

Until next time . . . Run for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment