Monday, September 10, 2012

Today Marks a Milestone!

Today - Monday, September 10th, 2012; your typical day.  Awoke to a cool fall-like morning of 50 degrees, blue skies and a light breeze.  Oh, and it's my first day back to work since August 31st.  Took advantage of a long holiday weekend (Labor Day) and some vacation time....stayed home to work on my house remodel projects.  Anyway, that's not the milestone.

So what's so special about this day?  Why is it a milestone marker?  Well let me just tell you . . . . I signed up today for not only one, but two 5K's!!!  My first and second ever!!  I'm stoked, pumped, side kick toe touch excited!! 

my announcement to the world!
I'm a beginner and walk mostly; this I know.  But you know you what?  That's okay.  One has to start somewhere....get my feet wet.  In my mind I think, "Goodness, there are going to be fast runners there.  What will they think of me?"  Then I think, "Hold your head high and know you're making a difference in your life and supporting great causes at the same time.  Maybe you'll inspire someone who has the same fears Lindsay."  So I did it.  I bit the bullet.  I overcame fear and submitted those registration forms! 

You know really...fear was the furthest thing from my mind when I hit that little magic button that said "submit registration".  My mind was full of joy and anticipation for great things to happen.  God is pushing me in ways I never imagined or dreamed possible.  Scripture tells us in Matthew 9:29, "According to your faith, it will be done unto you."  Our faith in God's abilities is the key to seeing our dreams come to pass.  I have faith I will be healthier, but I have to put forth effort.  I have to keep the faith that God is my strength to get me through the days when I feel this is too hard.  "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." (Psalm 28:7)  And, I must keep the faith and trust in the people that God has put in my life for a reason, a season or a lifetime....to push me and cause me to work harder in this journey.  

I'm excited...already said that but wanted to make sure you caught on :)  I'm so happy with how God is moving in my life.  Even though it's a little race God still gets the glory in all that I do. I'll be taking Him with me on race day, too :)

Until next time . . . Run (or walk fast if you're on the same level as me) for life!



No comments:

Post a Comment