Friday, August 31, 2012

Weekly exercise recap . . . .

Well this week I didn't get much trail walking/jogging in...none actually.  I was on the highway driving.

But, I did make two trips to Silver Dollar City; it was the Southern Gospel Picnic.  Went to see/hear Jason Crabb and The Hoppers!  EXCELLENT!!  WOWOWOW!!

Anyway....Echo Hollow.  Have you ever been there?  Have you ever walked into and out of that place?  My goodness!  Well, a month ago when I was there I huffed and puffed and my legs were fire by the time I got to the top.  This week, oh ho this week.  I climbed up out of that holler and FELT GREAT!!!  Sure I huffed and puffed, but nothing like I used to.  And the legs, oh ho the legs...they felt great!  On top of that, I ran from the exit gates all the way to the car both nights....probably a quarter mile I'm guessing. 

So no normal trail walking/jogging but I feel like I've met another small victory in that climb out of Echo Hollow as well as jogging IN PUBLIC!!!  Yeehaw!!  Although the scale isn't really saying so yet, I guess what I'm doing is really working!

Until next time . . . Run for dear life!

No comments:

Post a Comment