Thursday, June 4, 2009

History in the making...


It is amazing how proud one can be of the local high school baseball team even though they've been out of school for 12 years now. This just proves that no matter how long one has been out of school they are still proud of their school and the accomplishments they make.

After a stunning season (20-3) the Dora Falcon boys baseball team is playing for their first ever Class 1 State Title today at Meador Park in Springfield, MO. Unfortunately I have only had the privilege of seeing one game this season, but I've heard lots about our boys. They were ranked 2 in the state at the beginning of the season; they have never quit!

Over the years Dora has always had exceptional sports teams. I'm not saying this just because I am an alumni, but it's the truth. We have had very good runs in Districts and Play-off games. But, never in the history of the school has a team made it to the Final 4, let alone a shot at the State Title!!!

So, today (June 4th, 2009) at 4 pm the Dora Falcons Boys Baseball team from Dora High School (Missouri) will take on Santa Fe in a shot at the Class 1 State Title. I know many will physically be there and many will be there is spirit; me being one of them. Thank goodness for Q94 (93.9) and radio because that's were I, and many others, will be listening and cheering on our team.

GO DORA FALCONS!!! Win or lose you are already winners and we are all so very proud of you. GO BIG RED!!!

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. GO DORA!! Dora and I listened to some of the game last night on the way home. She was so excited to hear the name Falcons on the radio. And she has something with the name Dalton Hunter...lol I don't know what that is.

    ReplyDelete