Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I could be a beach bum!!

Hello fellow bloggers...it has been a bit since my last post!

Well, I could definitely become a beach bum; that is if I lived near the beach! My family and I just recently returned from the most relaxing mini-vacation ever. Myself, along with my sister, two nieces, aunt and cousin got home Sunday after four days at the beach; Gulf Shores, Alabama to be exact. My sister and I are the only two who had ever seen the ocean so this was a great treat for the rest of the group. My nieces didn't even know where we were going so they were totally surprised! It was a great, priceless, moment when we told them where we were head...we told them after we were on the road.

The look on their faces when we arrived at the beach is something I will not soon forget. I will always cherish the moment and remember that I was with them their first time to the ocean. That's one of those special moments.

Well, we got lots of sun...lots of sand...and LOTS & LOTS of shells. We walked those beaches forever trying to find that perfect shell. We all got a lot of good ones. A couple of mornings we were up at 3:30 and 4:00 am to go beach combing trying to find those 'hard to find' shells. It was great. I think I could sit by the water for hours and just breath and be perfectly content.

That is what I found myself doing alot; I would just stand there and clear all my thoughts. It was almost like my thoughts were going out with each wave. Me and God has some great talks too. I'm pretty sure some people thought I was crazy because I would walk up the beach, right at the waters edge, and talk and sing to God. It was awesome.

Gulf Shores is definitely a place we will revisit.

Pictures at a later date.

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Been waiting for this post forever... but there are no pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...I know. I have to bring my other laptop to work to get the pictures on here. Haven't had the time to do it yet; hopefully next week!

    ReplyDelete