Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wew, time gets away!

Time sure gets away from me. It has been several days since my last blog. There have been many things in my head to blog about, but they haven't made it to the fingers; thus, being pounded into the keyboard and into the ole blog. So, for a quick recap:

1. Stormy weather = get to stay at my parents' house because I'm a scaredy cat.
2. More stormy weather = see explanation above
3. Rain, Rain, and more Rain
4. Mother's Day service at church
5. Nixa, MO City Wide yard sales = not too big on yard sale'n but that was fun. Who ever knew you sometimes had to walk single file at a yard sale? There were so many people at some of these places that that's what had to be done. But, it was a fun day and I found some goodies. Oh, and the bad part of the day (other than leaving at 5:30 am) was that my sister hit a deer in her new-to-her van on the way up. OOOO, not a good start; but the damage wasn't all that bad. Every vehicle she has ever owned gets cristened within the first few months of my sister's ownership by way of a deer. And, I always seem to be with her and the deer hit is ALWAYS on my side. That's something I said to try and livein up the morning..."Nay, why don't you try hitting them on your side instead of mine!" She didn't think it was funny.
6. Lightning, from all our stormy weather, hit somewhere close to our farm and ran through every fence on one side of our place. Scary, but quite awesome. There is a burnt place on every gate connected to barb wire on part of the place; that's about 10 gates or so and fencing going around about 100 acres or so. One gate even has a hole in it and melted the chain to the gate. Cool thing to see. I hope to take a picture sometime and post it.
7. Hay cutting time. There is a 25 acre field in front of my house that has been cut; smells so good. And, another 25 acre field behind my house that has been cut. They should get bailed tomorrow.

Anyway, beautiful weather. Would love to be outside. Happy Sunshine!!!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment