Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Visit with my Grandma

I took some time today to go to the nursing home and visit my grandma.  It's hard to find the time to go out there since I never go to West Plains.  But, I know our days are numbered so I want to soak up as much granny-time as I can get.

Grandma is 91 and has dementia.  I think I'd be forgetful, too, at 91 years young!!  She does pretty good.  She still knows who most of us are.  Those of us she remembers, she knows our names and who we belong to.  When she sees dad she always says, "Hi Gary, that's my baby!"  He's her baby boy :)  You ask her if she loves you and she says, "UHHH HUH!"  Of course, she has her good days and bad.  Yesterday, now that was an awesome day!!  She spotted dad and I as we came down the hall and knew right off who we were.  This was a happy moment.  She was full of hugs and kisses.  We sat and chatted for a good visit.  She cut up with us, laughed, joked, smiled...all things she hadn't really done on any other visit.  She acted like the granny I grew up knowing.  Such a sweet memory added to the memory bank :) 

I'm thankful for that time with her and doubly thankful she was having a good day!

Until next time . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment