Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November's End

This month has zoomed by like a rocket!  It is November 29th!  Where oh where did November go? 

We had a nice (small) Thanksgiving with my immediate family.  This was the first time in my life I've spent Thanksgiving without my grandma.  Since she is in the nursing home we didn't get together with the rest of the family.  So, for lunch it was just myself, mom, dad and Renee (my sis).  The girls (my nieces) were with their aunt this year.  The nice part about this change in tradition was we didn't have to rush around to be anywhere.  Dad and I worked on my house for the better part of the morning.  Then, when we would normally be eating lunch, we took a load of stuff to my sister's new house to start her move.  Next, came the wonderful and beautiful feast prepared by my momma!  It was yummy!!  Afterward we moved another load of stuff to Renee's new place.  All-in-all it was a good day.  I did have a couple tear moments though when thinking about grandma, but we all got through.

Friday morning we left for St. Louis for MYF 2011; Missouri Youth Fellowship otherwise known as Missouri State Youth Convention.  This year's theme was 'Think Venti' or 'Think Big'.  It was an awesome convention.  The speaker (Megan Hutchinson) was wonderful.  You held on to her every word.  Our worship leaders (Alanna Story) were equally as wonderful.  They really led us into worship!

Note:  had a great drive to/from St. Louis without getting lost!

Now onto December to-do's.  There are SO many.  I think I have something to do several nights of every week and every weekend; school Christmas program, church Christmas program, caroling, Silly Stitchers Christmas party, MOVING, and probably something I've forgotten.  If you're out and about you should try to attend one of our Christmas Cantata's:

Sunday, December 4th @ 2PM:  Lilly Ridge General Baptist Church, Gainesville
Sunday, December 4th @ 6PM:  1st Baptist Church, Gainesville
Sunday, December 11th @ 2PM:  1st Christian Church, Gainesville

Until next time . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment