Friday, March 2, 2012

Focus 40 - Day 2

Today (March 1, 2012) is Day 2 of Focus 40. 

Day 2 Prayer: 
Pray for someone you know who is in need of God's work in his or her life.  

The same person always comes to mind when I pray that God will place a lost person on my heart.  There are so many lost around me (not that I'm judging or think I'm better than anyone else), but the same person comes to mind first every time! 

After speaking with members of my church and pastor I am revamping my fasting focus.  Since I have never fasted before and I am notorious for not finishing something I start I have been advised to not set myself up for failure.  That being said; I am still pursuing the Focus 40 Prayer & Fasting.  I am incorporating parts of the Daniel Fast; i.e eating fresh fruits and veggies.  But this time I'm not strictly doing the Daniel Fast; i.e. no dairy or meats.  My goal for the Focus 40 is to cut out junk foods; i.e. pop, chips, sweets.  And, at the same time I'm going to be conscientious of the carbs and portions of what I'm feasting on.  This is a good match and start for me. 

P.S.  I so fudged today!  Girl Scout cookies arrived and I did feast on some Thin Mints :) 

Continue to pray for me as I seek God's direction and His will.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment