Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day and Focus 40 - Day 1

Happy Leap Day 2012!  I sure had high hopes of proposing to someone today, but we'll save that for another time :) Ha!  Oh, well, I did propose to Carl today.  I proposed (over text, complete with down on a knee) that we have an awesome time next weekend in Nashville.  He accepted! Ha!  I'm such a dork.  He's probably thinking, "why did I invite her down here?!" 

Day 1 of Focus 40 . . .  here we go!

Not sure how this is going to all play out.  Today I have in my head how I wish it were April 9th so I would be finished and be reflecting back on the 40 days.  But that's wishing my life away so I'm going to embrace it!  I'm notorious for starting things and then not finishing.  I guess that may be why I'm a little apprehensive.  Nonetheless, h-e-r-e w-e g-o!

The day started a little strange.  I was in my parent's home instead of mine...we had storms/tornado warnings last night.  Oh, almost forgot.  That means...Thunder in February!  We ended February with three days of thunder.  Let's see if it frosts three times in May.  Back on track now.  I feel this 'thing' in the back of my mind reminding me of my pledge to do this 40 days.  But at the same time I could absolutely go for a cup of coffee!  I have all these thoughts of "What am I going to eat?  How am I going to go out with friends?  What is God going to reveal during this time?  Am I going to succeed?  Will God word through me?  Will?  What?  How?"  So many questions.  I'm sure after a few days I'll be more settled.

Today's menu:

Breakfast     Snack      Lunch                     Supper
grits             banana    homemade              salad
cranberries                  veggie/barley soup

Today's prayer focus:

Praying that God will open my heart toward him over the next forty days.

Until next time . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment