Monday, February 20, 2012

Pre-Focus 40: Day 1 of 9

To begin....wow, it's been awhile since I've been here.  I hope to be better at my blogging for 2012 :)
Today begins a new journey, actually a preface to a new journey.  We were presented with the Focus 40 Prayer & Fasting during yesterday's church service.  I've been thinking/praying about fasting the past several weeks since a friend of mine (Carl) mentioned he'd just completed the Daniel Fast.  I've never fasted before; Lord knows it won't hurt me and my fluffiness :)  Anyway, in talking with Carl briefly about it something definitely began to churn in my soul that I needed to pray about this.  Then yesterday's talk pretty much brought those prayers to light and I knew this was something I needed to do.  I ordered my copy of the Daniel Fast today; should be here in time to start Focus 40.

a link to Focus 40:  http://www.chog.org/Focus40

The Focus 40 itself runs February 29 (Leap Day) to April 8 (Easter), 2012.  I chose today to begin the clean out of junk; no pop, no junk food. Plus, it's easier to start things fresh on a Monday than it is to wait until mid-week.  I haven't done all my research on Focus 40, but it is a national Prayer & Fasting of the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana).  The main goal is to prayer for disciples of Christ; but who knows what will happen when we let God work.  I'm also going to take this time to pray for a healthier new me and prayer life of my own.

I know, I know.  Many of you have heard me talk about dieting and losing weight before...and every time I fail.  Know why?  I've never let God lead me through the process and change me.  Sure I pray to get healthy, but I never fully let go and let God.  I'm praying this time is different.  With God's help I WILL succeed!  Side note:  I'm not changing my eating habits to get skinny.  I'm letting God change me to get healthy!

So here we go, this is pre-Focus 40; nine days to get ready for the real deal!  To get started I'm using the kick start diet method.  The kick start diet is normally a two week program, but I'm going to get in on nine days of it and then eat according to the Daniel Fast. 

Day 1 menu of the kick start diet:

breakfast:  2 boiled eggs/8oz grapefruit juice
lunch: 2 boiled eggs/8oz grapefruit juice
dinner: 2 boiled eggs/8oz grapefruit juice

Sounds crazy I know, but it's designed to help flush toxins in the body.  Oddly, I'm not hungry at all.  Normally I get the munchies so bad before lunch, but today nada.

So here we go . . . Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment