Monday, February 27, 2012

Pre-Focus 40: Day 3-8 of 9

A shout out to my dear friend Sara B. is necessary here; she was right in saying trying to keep up with a daily blog is tough!

So I'm on Day 8 of 9 of the Pre-Focus 40.  I have to admit I wasn't totally on track over the weekend, but I wasn't totally bad either.  Unless those Oreos count :( Ha!  I can really tell that I haven't been eating heavy foods and I feel good.  But, I can say, this is NOT going to be easy!  You know what they say though, "Anything worth anything is never easy!" 

For my Focus 40 Prayer and Fasting I am choosing the Daniel Fast (I've already mentioned).  It is 21 days of only eating fruits and veggies; raw or cooked.  And lots of water!  Over the weekend I stocked up on 100% fruit and veggie juices; for drinks and smoothies.  Also stocked up on fresh veggies & fruits. 

What this fast is NOT about: 
  • Starving or depriving myself.  It is not a diet!  

What this fast IS about: 
  • a time to reflect on what's going into my body; which is to be a temple.  
  • a time to pray during those times I would usually eat.  
  • Focus on God; devoting more time to Him.  
  • Praying for the lost and being specific on who I'm praying for.  
  • a time for me to learn how to make wiser food choices.  
  • I'm not using it as a diet method, but I will be praying during this time that God show and teach me how to eat healthy like this all the time; not for 21 or 40 days out of the year.  

My hopes for this Focus 40 Prayer and Fasting:
  1. pray diligently for the lost around me
  2. seek God's will for things in my life
  3. learn how to eat right
Today hasn't been so bad.  I've had my grapefruit and (VERY SOUR) orange along with much water.  I did have some dark chocolate covered raisins....raisins are fruit!  Ha!  I know, that was a splurge, but I'm learning.  I haven't really had an opportunity to go to a place in prayer, but I can tell you God has been in my mind a lot today.  I'm nervous, excited, feeling challenged, and ready to be changed over the course of the next 42 days.  I can already feel God stirring in some things going on in my life.  I can't wait to see how God works through the course of this!!!  I'm really excited about that!

Until next time . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment