Monday, February 15, 2010

Imagining some place warm

As the temperatures dip back down into the low 20's, snow is falling from the sky, and the whipping wind is causing for a very cold wind chill...I find myself imagining some place warm!

My mind is going to a place where the waves are crashing softly on the sand...a place where all I can hear is the sound of the waves, seagulls, children laughing and my heart beat...a place where the sun gently kisses my skin (as long as SPF Sweater has been applied)...a place where shoes are not a necessity but toes digging in the sand is...

...a place where I don't have a care in the world...a place where I feel completely at peace with myself and the world...a place where I willingly get up at 5 am for a nice beach walk to watch the sunrise...a place where I feel there is nothing between me and God. To some this place my sound impossible to find and nonexistent. Oh, but it does exist. My mind is taking me to the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama.



I close my eyes and picture walking myself up and down the coast; all the while talking to God and reflecting on life. I can hear the waves just this second as I visualize the rays of the morning sunrise beaming down on the water.

Ah, what a place.

If I ever need to relax or warm up this is where my mind takes me. And I can't wait to go back here sometime.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment