Thursday, February 11, 2010

Organization

I started off the year wanting to get more organized. I used to be and the last couple of years I don't know what's happened because I can't find anything! I lay "it" (whatever that 'it' may be) down and then it's lost until I come across it again; if I ever come across it again. I'm still looking for a flash drive that somehow got lost about 8 months ago.

Anyway, I've started w/my kitchen. I don't know why I've never done it before, but it's never too late to start something. So, I picked up some of those handy dandy Rubbermaid storage containers. Ah, the difference those things make in my cabinets is unbelievable. I had boxes or bags. Now I have one place for pasta, beans, rice, flour, sugar, etc = all inside Rubbermaid storage containers neatly placed in my cabinets! It's great. I'm not quite finished yet, but way closer than I was.

A few months ago I upgraded to stackable (frontloader) washer & dryer; which I love by the way. Well, that extra space, where my washer used to be, was now free for shelves!!! Happy day, storage space. I've never understood why kitchens in mobile homes have hardly any shelves or drawers. Anyhow...the shelves are now up so I'm starting to get this organized as well. **Note** this is in my kitchen so this organization is apart of the kitchen cabinet organization. This new storage location has given me a partial pantry. It's wonderful. My daddy does good work!

Now if I could just get my new linoleum tiles down in my kitchen and laminate flooring in my living/dining room. Sad thing is that stuff has been in the boxes for well over a year now. But, that's my next big task as soon as my dad is available. Why does this fall under organization you may ask? Well, you see these boxes of flooring are in my spare bedroom taking up much needed space. So, as soon as the flooring is down I can begin the organization of my spare bedroom (where guests, if I ever had any, could actually sleep) and I can get my home office set up and ORGANIZED.

We'll see what the next few weeks bring and hopefully my dad can help me. I'll keep you posted.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment