Monday, October 11, 2010

My 1st Quilt....the Sampler Quilt


So I've joined a quilting group...the Silly Stichers...a group of local ladies who like to get together once a week for good food and fellowship; oh and learning to make quilts.

I've always wanted to learn how to quilt and I've finally given myself time to do it.  I'm loving it so far and having a wonderful time.  There's about 7 or 8 or us who get together.  Some of the ladies just come for the fellowship and help those of us who have never quilted before.  I have to say it's a great time.

For our first project we are making a Sampler Quilt consisting of 12 blocks.  A Sampler Quilt is made up of 12 different quilting patterns.  So far I have made a 9-patch, a Pinwheel, and an Anvil.  Currently I'm working on the Broken Wheel pattern. Before I even knew what I was making I knew who was going to receive my first quilt; my momma!  Mom is my best friend so it's only fitting she gets the first.  But, shhhh, she doesn't know it!

Here's a look at what I've been up to:
9-Patch
Pinwheel

Anvil



I'll add more as I get them finished.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment