Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend of bliss

Ready or not Monday here I come!  That's what I had to tell myself this morning as I sleepily drove down the road on this first day of the work week.  One would think after a kinda quiet, not too busy weekend, that I'd be rested.  Guess not.

How I spent the weekend:
  1. picked up walnuts - oh my legs hurt
  2. played with  my pup - oh he's a mess
  3. MercyMe concert - oh was this awesome
  4. church - oh what a great service
  5. relaxed a bit - oh that was nice
  6. cantata practice - oh I'm beginning to like the musice
  7. relaxed a bit - oh I need one more day
  8. end of weekend 
That was my weekend in a nutshell.  Sometimes they go by way too fast!  I think the highlight was the MercyMe concert Saturday night at the Sheid in Mtn. Home.  I didn't think I was going to get to go; trying to save my pennies.  Thursday morning I got a call from a fellow coworker that he and his wife were going to buy my ticket so I could go.  He said the Lord laid it on this heart that I needed to be there.  I had been praying that somehow I would get to go.  Even if it was only a concert I still prayed to go.  I didn't realize until Sunday morning something spectacular.  You see I knew God would provide; even at the last minute.  I prayed for one ticket; one!  Well, God answered my prayer and blessed me with THREE!!!  Got a call Saturday morning that someone had two more tickets they would like to give me if I wanted to bring someone with me.  So, my mom and niece, Jasmine, also got to enjoy the concert!  It was an awesome concert and a group I will see again.

Jasper's weird sleeping positions!  hahaha
Picked up a few walnuts on Saturday, 342 pounds worth, with one of my nieces, Dee.  Woo, that's hard work.  Hope to pick up more on Friday and Saturday.  Of course I had puppy play time in there :)  Goodness, I love Jasper....he's starting to wind down a bit and becoming the sweetest dog.  Sure he still has his moments; like when I walked outside yesterday to find his pillow in a thousand pieces :( lol

Anyway, I guess that's all I'll ramble on about.  It's Silly Stitcher's night tonight!  I love quilting night!!!  I'm leaving you today with a few Fall color snap shots.





Have a fabulous week.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment