Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to civilization

Good Tuesday morning. Thought I would take a minute to write a few things. For starters, WE GOT OUR POWER BACK Friday morning. Hallelujah!!! Many people I work with are going to be out, according to the electric companies, until March. I can not even imagine. What a stressful time for all still being affected by this winter storm. Mother Nature sure is a powerful force. Mountain Home looks like a war zone or as if a tornado came through and wiped out every tree top in sight. It is amazing. We were out from Tuesday 1/27/09 2pm to Friday 1/30/09 around 10am. Quite long enough for my liking. Not that I am princess or anything, but man what a stressful situation. I didn't know what kind of mess I was going to come home to with frozen pipes and such. Dad and I thought I had a water pipe busted. Thankfully it was not.

It is so nice being back in civilization and being able to be at work. I never knew how much I missed work until I couldn't be here. Don't get me wrong a few snow days are nice every now and then. I can see why some go into the public school system. Although I would never become a teacher just for snow days. If I decide to get my Master's degree in Education snow days will not be a factor I can ensure you. The love of teaching others and opening the eyes of kidos is the number one factor! This is a little off subject, but now that I have mentioned it...I hope to further my education in the field of Eduction with an emphasis in History. Since I have started traveling I have found my passion - History... I always liked history class with Mrs. Stratton and always tried to picture how things might have been. The first time I went to Europe it was like I was walking in a history book and it all came to life. So, so amazing!!! History is so important and often it's not taken seriously. I would love teaching this subject in order to help bring it to life for students. Anyway, this is my little side note for the day. I often get off subject and write the ramblings in my mind; I assure you there are several avenues in my mind. Twisting and turning, going in all different directions. What is nice is when those roads intersect and come back together!!!

Ok, ok, back to civilization. I am definitely thrilled that the sun is shinning and all the snow/ice is melting away. I can't wait until green starts to peak out among all the gray and brown; as if to say, "rise and shine!"

Not much going on this week other than today being guitar lesson day. I better get back to work. It's time for me to begin our 08 audit. YEAH, FUN!!!

Until next time......

2 comments:

  1. I am def. with you on the getting back to civilization. I haven't gotten back yet. School started back but I haven't got to go yet since our road is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful read. I am so excited about reading and learning of your travels. Pres on and may the blogging be with you.

    ReplyDelete