Monday, February 9, 2009

Back to the work week!

Well, it's Monday again. I'm always thankful and blessed by God to have another day, but Monday just comes around too fast. Especially after having the spring-like weather we had this weekend. I simply love spring and can't wait until it's here. The past snow/ice we had, mixed with these warm days, has the little green grass popping in some spots. I love seeing new grass pop up among everything that is still brown and gray. Pretty soon the trees will begin to wake up and we will see a beautiful green color palate over the hills. That is what I love about spring. It is a rebirth and an awaking from a long sleep. Anyway, I'm sure I'll talk more of this the closer we get to spring.

It was overall a good weekend. I had to put new tires on my car though....ugg! they are so expensive! Dad, Shanea & Dee made the trip with me to town. It was a good day. Those girls are too funny sometimes. While we were out strolling the town Renee stayed at her house and prepared us all a fantastic dinner; turkey and mashed potatoes and mom's homemade rolls! It was a nice evening for us all to get together. Cooking is the one trait that my sister got that I didn't. She is such a good cook and cooks just like I remember my grandma's cooking. Don't get me wrong..I CAN cook, just don't like to all the time; I have to be in the mood to cook a big meal. Renee on the other hand CAN cook and ENJOYs it.

Sunday was Youth Sunday at church. Everything, except the preaching, was supposed to be done by the kidos. This was our first in a long time to do this way, so the kids needed a bit of help. I was so proud of them though. One young man read the morning spripture reading and several of the kids helped lead the music. Some of them even brought their guitars for the first time and played during the "Praise & Worship" time. I was so proud of them for all their effort!

Yesterday was the first practice for the community cantata that mom and I are apart of. We have done this one before for Easter; "Who Do You Say I Am" . It is SO SO good. Every song is filled with a blessing!

I finally got my eliptical put together last night. Man, what a booger to get together. But, gotta have something to get back going on the weight loss. It is so frustrating to have lost 42 pounds and gained about 10 or so back just because of not being able to walk. So, now I have no excuse when it is raining or dark outside!

Well, I better get back to my Monday. Have a great week! See you all around sometime.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment