Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy Weekend, but good times

Happy Monday everyone!! It seems as if I was just sitting in front of this computer. I woke up this morning saying, "One more day, just one more day." But, gotta get up and at em and go to work. So, here I am. I am so thankful to have a job...thank you Jesus.

Well, this was a super busy, fast, yet fun weekend. Saturday I actually managed to get to all three planned destinations. First, at Willow Springs, MO for their Oz Fest. My mom and I along with Jill Busby (she works with mom) sang gospel/contemporary Christian music at 9:30 am. It was absolutely freezing, but so much fun. We took Jasmine and dad came up as well. I love those community festivals like that. There were so many people there too. It was great. After Willow, dad, myself, and Jasmine headed to Mountain Grove, MO while mom stayed and visited with people she grew up with. My NEW washer and dryer was waiting for me at Sears. When I set out on the look for a new set; by the way-this is my first ever in my life new set of washer and dryer...so excited!!!-anyway, I wasn't looking for what I got. I got and excellent buy on a set of Wirlpool Duet (stackable) front loader washer and dryer. They're so pretty!!! And, I'm loving the fact that now I can have ceiling to floor shelving on the side where the old dryer used to set. After getting home around 2 pm Jasmine and I grabbed a bit to eat and then back to town we went. Only this time we went to West Plains, MO. The teens were sacking groceries at Country Mart as a fundraiser. There were more kids there than there were seats in the church van to come home. So, I had to go to town to pick part of them up.

My aunt and uncle didn't think I'd make it to all three locations in time, but I did. Then, here comes the fun part....get the old washer and dryer out and get the new in. Let's just say my house is still a bit of a wreck; complete with a dryer sitting in my kitchen. Installing these is a project for me and my dad. Hoping to get them in by tomorrow. I have now decided to put a coat of paint in the laundry area while there's nothing in there. But that's an extra step I don't mind. Will have pictures once their fully operational.

Yesterday was Jasmine's birthday party. It was fun and I think she had a good time with her family. Dad and I had to cut the party short because rain was coming in and we had round bales to get off the field. So, off down the road he went in the truck and trailer and I in the tractor. I was driving down the road remembering being a little kid thinking, "I will never be able to drive the tractor long distances on the highway like my daddy." He has taught me so much! Love my dad!!!

Well, I better get back to this fabulous, beautiful day. Have a wonderful week!!!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment