Friday, August 6, 2010

Election Results

Well, Election Day 2010 has come and gone for another time. Dad ran a very good campaign and had much support, but fell short by a mere 22 vote spread. Considering he was challenging an incumbent and a supposedly 'big to do' name he did very well. Woop-tee-doo on the big to do name; a name doesn't get you anything but the ability to buy people!

Anyway...I won't be negative or a poor sport about it. If one dwells on the negative aspects of this issue one could easily be angered and let anger take control...But we're not because we know the truth behind all the lies! The fact that the guy didn't want to run anyway and told my dad he wasn't going to is one indication he didn't want it. It wasn't until my dad filed that the guy got all on the defense; probably because he didn't think dad had the guts to challenge him. Well, dad did challenge him and had him on the edge of his seat until the final wire; when we came up short on votes. Over half of the precincts wanted dad, but certain clicks are hard to penetrate. And, this guy takes a week's vacation practically once a month and gets paid full salary! Not many people know this probably. PLUS, it must be nice to buy your votes and make all these donations to part of the community right before election; the only part of the community where dad got the least amount of votes I might add. Pretty convenient if you ask me. Oh blah, blah, blah!

But, dad is good and okay about it. This was not part of God's plan. It's simply another puddle in one of life's storms. Yes, I'm a bit defensive about it, but it strikes a nerve; especially when we know why certain people vote against you. They call you friend with one breath and stab you in the back with the next. Even though I know everything happens for a reason and God is in control, some things are still frustrating. We've always been considered by select clicks as lowly, not good enough and not upper crust enough to run with the big dogs. But let me just say....none of that matters. To be frank, I don't want to ever be a big dog. I like it just fine right where I am. I know who we serve and serving Him is the only thing that matters. He (God) will take care of everything. One day the lies will be exposed and the 'big-to-do' name won't matter; doesn't ever matter to God!

Sorry for venting my frustrations!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment