Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fog's in August - No. 1

I was reminded this morning that it is August. I've known it was August for 3 days now, but it didn't dawn on me that it was August until I was gripping about the heavy fog this morning. Then my sister kindly reminded me by saying, "isn't there something about the fogs in August?" I said, "YES!" I totally would have forgotten. Thanks sis!

For all who don't remember or if this is the first time you're reading my blog...the number of fogs in August supposedly, according to folklore, represent the number of snows we'll receive in the winter months. Oddly enough this is pretty accurate. Nonetheless it's always fun counting the fogs and then counting the snows. One thing about it...if you had 10 fogs in August once you reach snow 9 in the winter you know (hope) we're almost done with wintery precip!

Get to counting those Fogs in August and happy counting!

Until next time . . .

1 comment: