Monday, June 6, 2011

Ah, the joys of sunshine!

So, the sun has been shining a lot lately; brightly and rather hot I might add.  It's a dramatic difference from what we were seeing in April when we received something like 20 inches of rain in a six week period.  Our watershed (the lakes) are still recovering from all this rain.

Anyways . . . all this sunshine and hot weather has got me to craving one thing I only crave in the summertime . . . SUN TEA!!!  So, I got me a new jug Friday evening.  And come Saturday my tea was cooking away!
the beginning . . . cooking!
like my new red polka-dotted jug :)

Let me back up just a bit to the part after getting a new tea jug and cooking the tea.  I thought I had tea bags in the cabinet.  Oh, I was wanting sun tea so bad, but couldn't find it!  I searched and I searched; finally finding eight bags of Lipton Green Tea.  I thought, "what could it hurt to try?"  So on to sun cooking my tea goes.


Finally, after letting the bright sunshine cook me a jug of tea, it is finished.  I pour a glass, not knowing really how sun baked green tea was going to taste.  Oh my goodness!!!  Much to my surprise I like sun baked green tea much better than regular tea!  It is my new crave; my new obsession; I would love a big glass right now!
it is finished . . . and it's GOOD!!!
**note** green tea doesn't cook as dark as regular tea

If you like sun tea I recommend you try it.  It's oh so good and full of nutritious antioxidants!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment