Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back to civilization...

....or so the way we think civilization should be! I spent the last two days working from St. Louis. Let me just say that going out of town helps me to respect and love living in the country so much more. I do have to say that there are perks and advantages to living in the city; i.e. MORE THINGS TO DO=shows, musical events, nice restaurants (not fast food). But, that all costs money to attend and would get a little old.

All-in-all it wasn't a bad drive. I had to get up really early and be on the road by 5:30 am on Tuesday, but it was a good day. I have to say I was nervous once I got to all those Hwy and Interstate interchanges, but God is a great pilot. I got out on the road Tuesday morning thinking, "oh my goodness, I am driving to St. Louis all by myself." That was a humbling and maturing thought. I forget sometimes how old I am and that I am responsible enough to do these type of things. Anyway...nice drive, productive meetings, made it home all in one piece; without getting lost in Downtown.

Oh, and I must blog this....my boss got the biggest kick and this is probably already on Twitter. Sorry blogger buddies, I wanted to be the first to tell the story but Twitter got the scoop...I ate Sushi and there are pictures to prove it. Probably not a big deal to some, but sushi is not something on the menu of a country town or home cooked meal for that matter. Well, if it were on the home menu it wouldn't be cooked! :) But, I have to say it was very good and will definitely be eating it again.

Well, I best be getting back to work. Have a wonderful day!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment