Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nothing much better...

Other than getting a new pair of shoes or a new cute purse, do you know something that is very uplifting and spirit pumping for women? Well, I'll tell you because I just experienced it. No not that, get your minds out of the gutter!!!! LOL

Many of you know I have struggled with my weight for a long time; well, my whole life. If you didn't know it you do now. Anyhow, I have been really working at it and for the first time in my life I am becoming successful with it as I have lost about 35 pounds and they are staying off. Long way to go though. Well, that's not the exciting part; it is, but not what I want to tell you.

On with the story....I needed a pair of shorts I could wear in public. Haven't worn shorts in public really for a while, just capris. I thought now is the time. I need to embrace life and take charge. ANYWAY....I saw a pair of cute shorts: violet, blue, white, mostly blue plaid shorts, but they were the wrong size; a size I haven't tried on in at least 3 years. Mind you it's only a size smaller that what I am wearing, but nonetheless it's smaller. I picked them up and thought what the heck. Might as well see how far I need to go before I can wear them. So in the dressing room I go-I hate those things because I know just as soon as I go in there I'm coming right back out, not being able to wear anything I've picked out, and now I'm hot and sweaty. But, in there I go. I start putting the shorts on. So far so good; I actually have room in the hips..impressive. Then, the true test..."will they button AND zip?" HOLY MOLY ladies they would!!! And, I had room to spare!!! I didn't even have to unbutton them to take them off. I was so excitied and absolutely on Cloud 9.

I often get down in the dumbs with my weight struggles like so many people do. But, if this does't motivate me I don't know what will. And, I'm here to tell you that if I can lose 35 pounds (which I have never in my life been able to lose that much consecutively) anyone out there can do it. I've got a long way to go, but I feel that I'm on the right track.

So, that's my useless tid-bit of information I had to share for this bright and beautiful day.

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. High fives and hugs. I will encourage more. You are the..wait for it..BESTTEST.

    ReplyDelete