Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

Well, in honoring the time old traditions of classical April Fools jokes I thought I would conduct a survey. I don't know if it is because I am getting older, don't care, or just can't think of a good one, but I am blank on April Fools jokes this year.

The best April Fools joke that I played on someone was about 10 years ago; yes I can remember that far back! I was in college and working at Crossroads Music (now Hastings). I had recently been promoted to a seniority position; days working 7 am-3 pm. Hey, a highlight and perk at 19. I was the opening supervisor with the opening manager, Jonathan. Well, just so happens that we were the only two scheduled to work this beautiful spring day. Knowing how nervous he was to be opening manager and be in charge, I decided to be a little ornery! It was just before 7 and I drove into the Harp's parking lot so he couldn't see me, but oh I could see him. I called and made some lame excuse (typical teenager excuse) that I was feeling sick and couldn't make it in today. Like I said I could see him. He was stunned at first and tried to get mad, but then became sympathetic. I couldn't help it that I was sick..cough, cough. He was talking sympathetic, but I could see his reactions via the windows! Too funny. He finally wished me get well and said he would figure something out. Well, to end it all up...I said, "if you would like, I can call Teri (store manager) and let her know the situation, and oh that I so got you on an April Fools joke!" He could have killed me! He asked me where I was and I told him to look out the windows. He started looking and looking, then spotted me as I was driving into the store parking lot. Wonderful laugh.

Ok, so maybe not the best joke, but it was perfect for the one I was pulling one on; and the only one I can remember.

So, what have been the BEST APRIL FOOLS JOKES played on you or that you have played on others?

1 comment:

  1. I don't really ever remember playing tricks....I'm too nice for that!!!

    ReplyDelete