Monday, April 20, 2009

Springtime Weekends and Country Living!

Spring just happens to be my favorite time of the year. Everything is new and fresh again; not to mention bright and cheery. Springtime on a farm is wonderful for so many reasons...the hayfields and pastures turn a bright green as well as all the trees, you can hear birds singing for ever, oh the spring peepers (frogs), and the new spring calves. We have little charlois/angus baby calves bouncing like crazy. I enjoy watching the baby calves. I can step out my backdoor and see them sunning on the hillside behind the house. MMMM country living!!

Springtime also marks for spring vaccinations for the cattle. I helped dad and our neighbor work about 68 head of our cattle on Friday. Needless to say, after a few hours I looked pretty rough as I was splattered with fresh pooy and I didn't smell too hot either. LOL But, I can't say that I mind working cattle. I know, I'm nuts.

I walked outside Saturday to a concert in the sky...aka the birds were singing a beautiful song. Don't know what it would be called exactly other than 'tweeter whistlin' tune'. All I know is that is was refreshing. Also experienced this weekend something very common to Springtime in the Ozarks: scattered thunderstorms. I was sitting in my house Saturday night and out of nowhere .....BOOOM, rattle of the windows, and a crack of lightning, followed by a sudden downpour. It did this off and on throughout the night and a little over 1 inch of rain. It was a good soaker rain. Even though I'm not particulary fond of thunder and lightning, I love spring showers and thunderstorms. Everything is just so much greener after a rain like this.

Anyways...that's about all the tidbits and useless information I have for one day.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment