Thursday, September 9, 2010

90 Years on this Earth!!!

Grandma with her (always) beautiful
crape myrtles 8/5/2010
Ninety years ago today, and still going strong, this little spit fire came into the world.  Happy Birthday Grandma Bertha!

Imagine, 90 years.  I can't fathom the changes, trials, and enjoyment one will see and endure over a 90 year span.  Born in 1920, this little lady has seen them all.  
  • seen and gone through the Great Depression
  • lived through the time of WWII
  • enjoyed God's gift of marriage and was married for over 50 years to the love of her life, my wonderful Grandpa Leemon
  • raised and has seen her three children grow up and raise their own families
  • watched her grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren grow
  • her nose has itched every day of her life . . . you would have to have been around her awhile to understand this!  hahaha
  • lived through decades of technology change
I could go on about things she has seen, gone through, and enjoyed but I think you get the drift; she's been around awhile! ha  She tells us all the time that she doesn't feel 90 and that people tell her she doesn't look it.  Her words, "The good Lord has been good to me.  He's with me every day and every night.  If it weren't for Him I wouldn't be doing as good as I am.  I'm thankful to still be able to live on my own.  I give the good Lord all the credit."  I admit Grandma looks and does good for her age.  

So on this very special birthday I say, "Thank you Lord for giving grandma good health and (so far) 90 years of life, and for letting her still be here with us!"  She's my only grandparent with us so we've got to cherish all the moments. 

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma!!!  Love you so much!

Until next time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment