Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lue Preston Davis 8/29/1914 - 9/8/1995

We have been giving another beautiful Fall-like day today, even though it's on the rainy side.  Hey, we've had a dry, hot summer....I think the rain is beautiful!

Today's post is dedicated my wonderful grandpa Lue, whom I miss dearly.  Lue Preston Davis, born 8/29/1914, left this world and went home to be with our Lord 15 years ago today; 9/8/1995.  It's hard to sink in it's been 15 years.   Fifteen years ago we were in a different decade, fifteen years ago I was 16!

I have so many fond memories of my Grandpa (Lue) and Grandma (Hazel) Davis.  She left us May '88.  My memories:  spending a week or two at a time with them in the summer....going yard sale'n....going to auctions....going to singings....going to church.  I had never heard a preacher like Herlin Johnson!  We also fed the chickens and milked the cow; yes by hand!  When I was little Grandma ALWAYS had made me a new dress or two; got homemade dresses for every birthday I think.  Oh the summer days eating watermelon in the front yard; and spitting seeds at each other.  I can still see and hear them laugh.  I can also still hear them getting after me after I'd done something I shouldn't have! hahaha  I remember the family get-togethers and holidays and grandma's homemade pies YUM!  She was the best crust maker ever!  I remember grandpa having eggs and bacon practically every morning for breakfast.  He had cornbread and milk (in the same cup) most evenings.  I remember picking beans with them in the garden.  I remember grandpa's old (orange) Ford truck with the picture of horses on the back glass.  Something I can still hear is what my grandpa said to me EVERY time he saw me - his first words...."Whatcha been up to Puddin' Head?"  Goodness, there is so much to remember.

Most of all, I remember how much they loved us and how we loved them.  That's the best memory!

Thank you for the wonderful memories.  These memories means you're still in my heart forever and always.  I'll be seeing you again one day.  Love you Grandpa Lue and Grandma Hazel Davis.  Miss you both dearly!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment