Friday, September 3, 2010

The Funnies of Jasper...so far!

Ok, so I have this dog, a five month old lab puppy to be exact.  Officially he is Doc's Collins Ridge Fire Ball, but most of the time he goes by Jasper and occasionally Goober or Spaz.  He's Goober when he does something stupid like running into the barbwire fence.  He's Jasper when he's being his sweet self or in trouble.  And he's Spaz when, well, need I say more?!  Some days he goes by all three because he can't figure out who he wants to be.  haha


Let's just say last night he was Jasper-Spaz-Goober all in the same breath.  Is that possible? you ask.  Yes, yes it is!  To set the scene:  it's a breezy fall-like evening with a storm brewing on the horizon.  We're playing in the yard and fixing to head out for our evening walk.  Off we go, walking down the road.  We stop for a dip in the water, well Jasper did anyway.  Ok...I'm going to fast forward a bit.  We're in my sister's yard when our mom pulls into the drive.  We're all talking.  Jasper is under my feet and Tucker is tucked really close to us because it's thundering.  Jasper loves Tucker so he starts messing with him.  Tuck's too scared to growl so he just sits there and lets Jasper love on him.  Finally Tucker has had enough, right.  Tucker pins Jasper to the ground.  Jasper jumps up and starts zizzing around mom's car....he's entered Spaz mode.  Then, next thing I know he is behind me with his head between my legs just staring Tucker down!  hahahaha Super funny moment.

But the fun's not over . . . .

To continue in the excitement all Jasper wanted from my sister was for her to pet him and she wouldn't.  So, to get back at her ignoring him what does he do?  He runs to my sister's pool (it's one of those blue ones that look like a mushroom).  He jumps on the side and looks at my sister.  When she looks he jumps as if he's going to jump in (which he has before) and rests his paws over the side....then he looks at her in a brief stare down as if to say, "Ha!"  As soon as I start toward him to get him out of trouble and my sister starts toward him to woop his butt of course he gets down.  But, does he quit?  NOoooo, he has to continue the madness!  He runs to the OTHER side of the pool and does the same thing all over again.  The look on his face, as he's resting on the side of the pool, was absolutely priceless humor.  He knew he wasn't supposed to do it yet he did.  He knew my sister was going to get him, but he continued.  Mom and I laughed big time, my sister on the other hand . . .

Fun evening!  Good laughs!  Words to the wise - next time, pet the pup!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment