Monday, December 13, 2010

12 Days 'til Christmas!!!

....and I haven't started my cards or ornaments!  Nor is my tree decorated, it's up though and all my decorations are in boxes piled up in my living room!  What a month it's been!

Last night we, we meaning the Ozark County Community Choir, finished up our last of six performances of "The Star Still Shines" cantata.  I must say, out of all the choirs and cantatas I've been apart of this was by far the best and most spirited!  What a difference it makes when the Spirit of God is filled in all the choir!!  It was Godsome!!!  It's bittersweet that we're finished though.  We've practiced since September so we're all tired, but I will so miss the fellowship.  But, February is not far and that's when we start working on our Easter piece!

Hopefully I'll have the ambition and enthusiasm to get the tree decorated this week.  Mentally, I'm a little spent, but I can feel the warmth of the Christmas season brewing inside like a percolator making a great pot of coffee!

After some events of the weekend I'm more and more certain of the importance of family, sticking together, and standing up for what is right; no matter the cost.  It's taken me a long time to realize that.  I mean, I'm not confrontational at all and avoid it as best I can.  BUT, my head and belief in God have finally gotten together!  hahaha  Meaning, I'm full of God's love, but He did give me a head on my shoulders and I'm not going to be run over any longer.  I am not afraid to stand up for the truth no matter the cost.   The details are of a private matter, but this will all stay in my mind for a long time; especially since it's been playing over an over in my head like a broken record!  With all that being said, please pray for my grandma who is probably going into the nursing home :( Oh goodness, this is the first I've seen that statement written down :'(  She's 90, in good health, but needs attention.  Please pray for my family, that we're strong and supportive for Grandma.  When you put someone in the nursing home it's hits you like a ton of bricks that they have less life left than what they've lived.  I mean, none of us knows when it's our time to go, but I think you know what I mean.  And, please pray for those members of the family who have made this entire process very difficult.  Even though we are at odds and our family is in turmoil, I still have faith that God will prevail!  As in the words of my grandma, "if it weren't for God I don't know where I'd be!  He has always protected me and loved me!  I know He cares for me!"  

Have a great week every one!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment