Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Would one more week make any difference?

Good day folks!  Only 17 days until Christmas!!  Do you have your shopping done?  Have you mailed your Christmas cards?  Are all your decorations up?  If you're crafty, do you have your crafts finished or putting the finishing touches on them?

In response to the above questions....my answer to every question is NO!!  I don't have my shopping finished; almost though.  I haven't even taken the cards out of my storage box let alone have them ready to mail.  My tree is up, with the lights on it, but no decorations.  My living room is full of all my Christmas totes with the decor in it...but no decorations up to speak of.  With 17 days left what is the point really?  Oh, let's not begin with the craft question.  I usually make ornaments every year for my family.  Since there are so many of them, family, I make them all an ornament rather than buying them all a gift; cheaper and more special in my opinion.  I have the ornament ingredients, but have no clue if they're going to get finished.  Plus, if you've been reading my blogs you know I've started quilting.  Well, I thought it would be neat to make quilts for some gifts.  One is finished and at the quilters to be quilted, one is 3/4 finished, and one is still sitting in a nice pile of folded fabric; aka not started!!

Oh  mercy, so much to do and so little time left to do it all in.  I ask myself every year, "Lindsay, why do you wait till the last minute to do anything?"  I answer, "Self, I have no earthly idea!" 

My next question:  would one more week may any difference?  Or, would I still put things off till the last minute?

I'm to the point now that whatever I get finished will have to do.  I thought it would be nice this year to have more homemade, hand crafted, gifts...WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!  Sure they are more special, more affordable, and customizable; but where is the time!  No wonder we buy gifts anymore instead of make them!  haha

I'll keep you posted on the status.  Let's see if I can get it all finished.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment