Monday, December 6, 2010

Quilting - Plates, Stars, Pinwheels and Squares!

Hello world!  I've still been plugging away at those quilt blocks!  Blocks 8, 9 and 10 are now completed.  Things are looking bleak to finishing by Christmas.  I hope to at least have the blocks finished and wrapped up.  I can put the blocks together after Christmas when things slow down a bit.  But, I'm going to keep stitching away and hopefully get the top put together.  Only two blocks left in this project!!

Here's a look at blocks 8, 9 and 10....

Block 8:  Dresden Plate.  This was a fun block to make!
Dresden Plate

 Block 9:  Star & Pinwheels.  I really liked this one once it was put together.

Star & Pinwheels
Block 10:  Squares and Stars.  Doesn't really look any more challenging than #9 but let me tell you I was a bit flustered putting this one together.  Needless to say I should have stopped at the beginning and picked it up another day when I wasn't nearly as tired!  I wasn't at all pleased with my workmanship.  The outcome was way better than I expected!
Squares and Stars

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment