Tuesday, December 28, 2010

From December 25th text attempt: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Like the previous post, I tried to update the ole blog via a text message.  I was out for a few days for Christmas and didn't have computer access so text update was the next best thing; or so I thought.

Anyway...here's my December 25th Merry Christmas message:

Merry Christmas from the C Ridge, aka Collins Ridge of Dora, aka Lindsay Collins!  Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy the season with love and togetherness!

It's been a weird day here and around the C Ridge, not to mention the change in family tradition I've been dreading for quite some time; the kind of change that means the whole family no longer gets together on Christmas Day like we have for YEARS!  But, it is what it is and makes me understand the importance of family so much more.  Part of the family (aka those I get along with) were unable to be with us today and I missed them so. 

My folks sister, nieces and I had our traditional Christmas morning of slinging presents.  I'm blessed to have been under my parent's roof every Christmas morning of my life.  That's one thing I hope my own family (Lord willing I ever get one) will be able to do one day.  We (my sister and her girls) go to mom and dad's on Christmas Eve, camp out, have good snacks, and play games till way late in the night.  Then we get up early Christmas morning to get our stockings and open presents.  Fun fun fun and wonderful memories!

After a morning of opening presents we always get around and go to Grandma's for lunch.  This is where we take a 'change' turn.  First of all, we weren't all going to be together this year like we have in year's past....I missed my family not being there.  Secondly, just before heading to town we got a call that Grandma was in the ER.  To make a long story short, she was released in time for lunch and those of us who were there got to eat together then go home.  I'm okay with change and normally welcome it, but a change like this is hard to deal with.  But again, it is what it is...just make the best of it and be thankful, right?

So on our way home from town I was talking with God; internally speaking.  I was feeling sad about the day and all that had happened in the past few weeks.  Out of the blue, God reminded me of something I asked Him for last year.  I remember asking God to please put a man in my life and please let me have a companion by Christmas 2010 so I wouldn't be alone for another holiday (I know...we shouldn't put time frames on God).  Well, God didn't put a man in my life, but I sure didn't know that companion would be yellow, furry, four-legged, and barks!...aka Jasper!  God has a sense of humor! 

I told my mom about this and she just laughed.  She responded something to effect of be more specific next time kid!  I told her I'd pray that maybe I'd be engaged by next Christmas. She says, "Heck with that, pray for a short courtship and be married by then!" Oh my, my mother!  I just laughed! 

Well, I will tell you I prayed more specific this time!  lol

Happy New Year and have a wonderful 2011.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment