Friday, August 5, 2011

Misc . . .

Happy Friday blogger friends!

Don't quite know where to begin today.  Seems like there's been a lot going on in every direction.  This 'trying to sell my house' adventure has been anything bu an adventure.  But, I'm keeping the faith that the Lord has a buyer for me; without me sacrificing too much on the value of the home.  Everybody wants something for nothing!  I tell ya, this has been a learning and growing time in my faith and patience.  We can't be given patience, we have to learn it and earn it.  Let me tell ya this has been and still is a learning and earning process!

On to Jasper news . . . . well puppy boy has been such a good pup for several weeks now.  He's 1 1/2 and so we're on the downhill run of the puppy phase chew & destroy!  I guess Tuesday night Jasper had a mean streak come over him . . . oh yes, he was very bad.  My dad took his glasses off to take a swim in the pool; laying them on the table beside the pool.  Do you know where this is going?  Sad to say, but it's true.  Jasper for some unknown reason decided at some point to grab the glasses and take off!  We searched the yard for an hour or so in the dark, no luck.  Dad searched the entire yard at dawn the next day, no luck.  Funny thing is, Jasper knew he had done something wrong and was in trouble.  Dad got home later the next evening and stuck his old glasses in Jasper's face.  He looked at Jasper and said, "find my glasses!"  Jasper turned and took off through the yard; leading dad right to his glasses!!!  WOO!  But, Jasper did leave his mark on them and break a lens.  At least we don't have to replace lenses and frames!  I have to say it . . . what a smart dog!! lol

On to remodeling news . . . remodeling is starting to pick up again.  We 86ed a door project and decided to put in a new window instead.  I think I'm going to like that better anyway.  Back bedroom is complete and ready to move in.  Bathroom is complete and ready for a good move in cleaning.  The to-do list is still long, but we're making progress.  I (hopefully) will never remodel again (an old house anyway), but this has been and is an awesome experience.  I'm getting to work with my dad and will remember forever my dad helping me.  Plus, with it being an old house I'm learning such great ideas to incorporate when I build new.  Old houses have such awesome character.  Whenever I build I hope to put the old with the new; i.e. use old ideas to make it look old and rustic in a new creation. Old with the new reminds me of my travels; that's all Rome is - old with the new! 

OHHHHH I almost forgot....you know I posted a few weeks ago that I'm working to get my life back.  Meaning I'm learning to eat healthy.  Well, since I started (July 5, 2011) I have lost 10 pounds!!!  And, that has been without taking my walks...it's been too hot to walk.  Can't wait to be eating all my fruits and veggies and start walking again!  Woohoo!!  I have a long way to go, but 10 pounds is 10 pounds and I already feel better :)

Ok, that's all for now.  Have a great August my friends and have a great weekend!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment