Monday, February 21, 2011

Follow-up to February 18, 2011 post "Graying"

Some of you read my February 18, 2011 post titled "Graying".  Well, over the weekend I received a bit more information on the story.

My dad was talking about finding the pups on his return home with the truck and tractor; which prompted my new information.  You see, dad had been gone a long time; long enough to unload a trailer load of round bales of hay (qty 15), make two trips there and back for the delivery, as well as load and unload the tractor....that translates into well over an hour.  Anyway . . . .

Apparently the pups didn't head toward dad until his final return trip home.  He had to pull a steep hill out of the river bottom and this of course caused his truck to pull down and get loud . . . it's a Dodge 1-ton w/loud pipes.  This river bottom and hill is a good 3 miles or so from my house.  When the air is right you can hear the river running so imagine hearing a loud truck.  Again, anyway . . . .

Well, come to find out it wasn't my dog, dearest Jasper, who decided he needed to go on a road trip.  It was Tucker! And Jasper followed.  Tucker goes with dad during the summer when he's haying for folks.  Tucker saw dad and the tractor go out and just assumed I guess.  Well, the pups had to have heard dad pulling that hill and Tucker was on the run!

So, after all that rambling, I still have more gray hair because my pup gave me a scare.  But, at least I know he didn't willfully go to the highway and that far away on his own and the record is straight on whose dog is the true brat!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment