Friday, February 18, 2011

Graying

If you were to visit me at my cube today you could probably find more gray hairs on my head!!  WHY?  I'll tell you why and it can all be summed up in one swoop . . . Jasper, my lovely 11 month old lab (on the 24th).

My dad called me earlier to inform me he was almost in trouble.  I knew immediately what or better yet who he was referring to because of that statement.  I asked, "what did Jasper do?"  He begins to explain to me the events of his day which involved driving the truck w/flat bed trailer and tractor.  Well two of those items, truck & tractor, immediately scream "Jasper is near!" because he goes wherever they go.  Truck, tractor, and four wheeler automatically overrule me and what I say.

Well today, that just about got young Jasper and his teacher, Tucker, into heaps of trouble.  Oh, I'm sure they felt part of the trouble as dad gave them a real good scolding, but.  Back on track Lindsay.  Ok, so dad leaves the house.  He had been gone a while.  As he was returning home some movement out in a field caught his eye.  Now this field in mention is about two miles from our county road and the highway runs in front of it.  You're beginning to figure my graying moment aren't you?  Dad says he looked out in that field and said, "I know those pups!"  Yes, you guessed it, Jasper (and Tucker) followed dad out.  They were out in the field sniffing, chasing, swimming in the pond, you name it.  And boy were they glad to see dad!  He didn't have any trouble getting them to jump on the back of the truck.  He was glad to see them too, especially since he didn't know they were gone in the first place.

Scary thing is . . . dad had been gone a long time.  There is no telling how far away they actually got.  

As I think about all this I bet Tucker didn't willingly follow dad.  If truth be known he went with Jasper to keep Jasper out of trouble.  After all, Tucker is supposed to be teaching Jasper.  At least I hope Tucker didn't follow dad because if he did we're going to have a real problem with the pup who loves to go everywhere!  Let's just pray he doesn't!!

"Dear Lord, please help me teach my pup to stay home!" Amen.

I'll be purchasing a new box of mocha hair color the next time I'm at the big box store because I'm sure there's more gray in my hair now than there was when I got to work this morning.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment