Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Sleeping Beauty

asleep by the end of the driveway

Japser, my spoiled pup! 

If I'm not home of an evening and I fail to leave my porch light on then Jasper camps out on my mom & dad's front porch until I get home.  But, he won't come home unless I pick him up.  Not all a bad thing because I don't want him to get used to following me and thinking he can follow me out or chase cars . . . that's a no-no. 

So last night, I failed to leave the light on and got home late.  Jasper was sleeping very cozy on mom & dad's porch.  I had so much fun getting him in the car.  He would just put his front feet in the floor board and stand there.  Finally, I had to hoist him up in the car.  By the time I got to the end of the driveway he was sleeping almost soundly; well enough that he was snoring.  And, the driveway is barely .10th of a mile and my mouse is barely .3ths of a mile from my folks. 

Sleepy puppy had to wake up to get out :)
Why don't you let him sit in the seat, Lindsay?  Well, he used to and I didn't really mind it as long as the blanket was down.  But ever since dad made him get out of his tractor seat Jasper thinks he can't get him my seat.  So, he curls up in the floor.  Silly puppy for being so smart!

I know, I know.  He's spoiled rotten.  I talk about him all the time.  I honesty can't help it.  Never knew I could or would love my pup so much.  He's my buddy, my protector and depends on me.  Truth be known, I depend on him too; to cheer me up, to make me laugh, to make me smile.  He knows I love him and I know he loves me! Dad tells me not to get to attached just in case something happens to him.  I understand that because I would be heartbroken if something untimely happened to sweet Jasper.  But you know what?  Just like in life with people, if we don't love them with all we are while we're with them, in fear of getting too attached, then what's the use?  Live & love like there's no tomorrow because God doesn't promise us tomorrow or that next breath.  Love & Live the right now because this is the moment God promises. 


Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment