Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thunder in February, Frost in May & 11 months

Hello blogger buddies!

Happy, happy Thursday.  Well, we are officially-unofficially into the Spring weather season.  In other words . . . thunderstorms have returned!

That's right.  Woke up this morning, early, to thunder booms and lightning cracks, and pouring down rain.  On my journey to work I could see a slight tint of green in the pastures.  Such a welcome sight, too.

Like I said, woke up early; about 4:14 AM.  Jasper was spending his second night in a row out of his pen..YAY!  He sleeps on the porch on his pillow, which is now a soppy wet mess.  The sound of the rain on my metal roof woke me up.  Such a peaceful sound, but it's been a while since I've heard it.  I was getting up to check the pup since this was his first time to sleep on the porch during a storm.  As soon as my feet were to hit the floor . . . . BOOM BOOM from thunder and then CRACK CRACK from lightning.  Like to have scared me to death! hahaha

With that, I immediately remembered the old wives tale "Thunder in February, frost in May.  Oh, and my pup was fine.  He was asleep all cozy and snuggled in his house on the porch; thunder never phased him.  So, mark your calendar and see if we have a frost and final cold snap in late May.

And . . . Jasper is 11 months old today!  Happy 11 months old to my sweet pup :) 

all curled up with his blanket :)


Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment