Monday, February 28, 2011

BOOM...RATTLE...SHAKE!

BOOM...RATTLE...SHAKE = LIGHTNING...THUNDER...EARTHQUAKE!!!

With the season change to spring comes vast weather changes; last night was no different.  By the way, that was a second 'thunder in February, frost in May'!  Something we're not used to in this part of the world is earthquakes.  Oh, sure, yes we're near the New Madrid Fault so tremors can be expected, but they are very rare.

Much of the local papers & media have been filled the last few months with reports of small tremors and earthquakes in Central Arkansas, near Guy & Greenbriar.  Over the course of these months we have felt nothing in Northern Arkansas or Southern Missouri . . . . until last night!  4.7 centered in Greenbriar, AR; followed by three in the 3.8 vicinity.

Now, I didn't feel the whole house shaking, stuff on the walls moving that others did, but I do recall hearing some rattling. I just thought it was thunder from the pending storms headed our way!  Never thought anything different.  It felt like one of those deep thunders that rattles your inards.  Didn't know anything about the earth quaken until this morning when it was on the news and facebook was flooded with reports.

I believe God gives us warning signs everyday.  Now, whether we choose to listen is another story.  Yes, yes, yes, I know....people have been speaking of the 'end times' for years.  I do believe the end is near; we're a whole lot closer today that we were yesterday.  Is it in my lifetime?  Who knows.  No one knows; we just have to be ready.  But, I do believe God is trying to shake us up a bit and open our eyes to what's going on around us.  For example; the Oscars.

The 83rd Academy Awards was on last night.  I do not think God is very pleased with the types of filth coming out of Hollywood; just like I'm sure He's not pleased with the turmoil in this world.  The movies might not necessarily be bad, but the people making them are representing and condoning things that are probably not too pleasing to Him.   For example; I was all excited about "The King's Speech" winning Best Picture and getting to see it until . . . the guy giving the speech at the end thanked his boyfriend!!!  Totally turned me off and I probably won't be watching it. 

I realize these are my opinions, but they are opinions based on facts backed up by the truths of the Bible.  If we, as Christians, continue to 'accept' and 'get used' to things unpleasing to God what makes us any better?  I heard someone say over the weekend that they are 'getting used' to seeing/hearing about homosexuality.  I'M SORRY, but I COMPLETELY 100% DISAGREE with that statement.  If we continue to 'get used to' we are accepting something not of God.  I know folks and have friends who live this lifestyle.  I'm not saying they're not nice people because they are good people.  Just being good or nice doesn't give us an eternity in heaven with Jesus.  This goes for all sin.  It's high time to step up.  All it takes is one spark to ignite a wildfire.  Just think what one voice can do. 

I realize sin is sin and I'm not putting myself on a pedestal.  I have my faults that I have to ask forgiveness for.  But, God is pressing us to work for Him, to lead by example, to be a light and spread His Word.  I'm listening God, help me to be brave to do Your Will!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment