Monday, March 2, 2009

How quick things can happen

Well, I'll start this Monday morning by saying how thankful I am that a couple people I know who had a bad wreck on Saturday night are ok. What started out as a fun filled evening could have ended in tragedy, but thankfully it didn't and God was protecting them. My sister and some friends had a spa party Saturday night and Melissa and Tana were the beauty consultants. We all had a wonderful evening. My neighbors house was packed with ladies who came out for a night of pampering. Everyone was laughing, cutting up, and simply having a wonderful time. M & T are great at what they do I might add. They make everything so much fun and really put a lot of effort into having a good party.

Even though I wasn't in the accident, I can't help but remember talking to M & T just before they left; we all went out at the same time. It is amazing how we replay things in our minds after we find out something has happened. I consider M & T to be friends, even though we are only just acquainted, and it bothered me when I heard this morning of their accident. It bothered me because we were all just having a wonderful time and then a little while later they were in an accident. I remember telling them when they were leaving something on the lines of 'what a fun night' and 'be careful going home'. I almost told them to call one of us after they got home so we would know they made it safely, but I didn't. I just knew that they would be ok. Even though they had a wreck they were ok because God took control.

This all just goes to show just how fast something can happen and how life can change. We go through our day, have fun times, and then it can all change in an instant. We never know when our time is up and God is going to call us home. The most important part is to just be ready when He calls us. I think when bad things happen and our lives are spared we realize sometimes how fortunate and blessed we are. It made me stop for a moment and thank God, even though I thank Him everyday for my blessings and life. But, I stopped for another moment today just to think would I really be ready if God called me home today? (Spiritualy yes I would be ready) My sister and I, like so many, are on the road everyday to/from work. One just never knows what will happen.

I didn't blog this to be morbid or sad; simply stating what is on my heart and my mind at this moment and to maybe trigger a spark in others as they read. We should live our life for God daily because we never know how quick something could happen and He call us home.

I am so thankful that M & T are ok. Thank you God for these wonderful ladies and the life they live. Thank you for your protection over them. I pray that they recover quickly from their bruises, aches, and mental stresses that a wreck can bring.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment