Monday, March 9, 2009

Sprung Forward

You probably think that is a silly title and sprung isn't a word; to be politically and grammatically correct it should probably be 'sprang', but I like sprung! Anyways, I say this because over the weekend it was time to move up our clocks and begin daylight savings time; in other words...Spring Forward. And since this has already happened....we Sprung Forward. Although I hate giving up any sleeping time, I simply love spring and the extra daylight. Time to get out in the yard and work in the dirt!!! I have had the heat off and the windows open since Friday and I love it. But, I think the ole heat will come back on later this week as the temps are going to be high in the 40's with lows in the 20's...BRRR. Just another one of those cold snaps trying to bring in Spring. My Easter Lilies (better known as jonquils or daffodils) are blooming. I think they shot up over night! It is so pleasant to see that little pinch of yellow color. Speaking of yellow, the dandelions are also giving some yellow pop across my yard. Many of my bushes, mainly the lilac, are starting to bud. The fields all around my house are springing with green color. It is simply wonderful to see. I still feel abit unsettled in my life, but I know for sure I wouldn't give up my country life for nothing. I may work in town and my work may take me to large fascinating cities, but I definitely know I'll be coming home to the country. There is no place like it!

HAPPY almost SPRING!!!

Until next time . . .

1 comment:

  1. You are just the sweetest cubical neighbor a girl could have. How many friends would pack around a Flat Stanley impostor.

    Hugs and Flowers

    ReplyDelete