Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hump Day & Signs of Spring

Some weeks feel like the longest ole weeks. Then, after we make it through Hump Day it is gravy; seems like. I have never understood why some weeks take forever and some just fly by even though there are the same hours in every week. Maybe it is things we have on our minds; if it's good things it takes forever to get to them and once we're to them time flies; if it is bad things time seems to stop, or at least more very slow. Or, maybe it's the weather.

It has been the longest, coldest winter that I can remember for a while. Don't get me wrong there have been pretty days and good lazy days this winter, but I'm ready for warmth. I love spring. I enjoy watching the changing scenery and see those little hints of color as the trees and plants start budding again. Grass is beginning to pop a little at home, so here and there we see colors of green. My daffodils and tulips are starting to pop their heads up as if they are saying, "is it safe to come out yet?" Then when they finally get popped up you can almost hear them say, "Ah, I had a nice nap. Now it's time to sparkle." My herb garden, which needs an overhall, is beginning to have new live as well. My chives are parsley are just as green as they can be. I am afraid I lost some of my rosemary due to many cold days/nights. We'll see though.

I simply can't wait until it warms up a little so I can get outside and get my hands in the dirt. Give some TLC to my plants and flower beds; making them look nice for another season. It's almost time to get back to those started and unfinished projects from last season; I have so many - hardwood laminate for living/dining room, vinyl tiles for kitchen & bath rooms, back porch, and finish painting my master bath room. I have had the supplies for all these projects for a while, but there is just not enough man power or hours in the day to get everything accomplished. However, this year is the year!

Anyway, I'm going to go for now and get back to work. Lot's to do before I can go on vacation; which I am excited to say is 2 weeks from today. I get excited in the very beginning and then when it gets down to it it is weird. I get to the point where I can't believe I will be going somewhere. It's almost like it's not real or something. Then, by the time I get home I think, "man, was I really there?" ANYWAY, I'm get off subject.

Have a wonderful day and week. Happy blogging.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment