Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh...what bliss!

This morning I awoke to a gorgeous day! It feels like spring, looks like spring, and even smells a bit like spring. How amazing and excellent is the work of God. The Earth knows when it is supposed to tilt or rotate on it's axis (whatever it does) to change the season. I have noticed this week the sun is coming up earlier. My bedroom windows are on the east side of my house with my bed right next to the window. What a wonderful feeling waking up seeing the sun shine in. It just gives a whole different peace and start to a day. And, the spring peepers (frogs) are simply going nuts. There is a pond just down the road from my house. In the evenings I love to stop my car by it and just listen to them sing. Pretty soon I'll be able to open the windows of the house.

One can always tell when the weather is changing; kids get rowdy or restless. We had a house full of children last night for our Wednesday night kids program. The Lord certainly is blessing us. We had 15 teenagers! In the years past we have averaged 5-8, now 15 is our average. God is so good. It is so amazing to see Him begin to work in their lives. I normally work with the teens, but I also help with the Tiny Tots (2 yrs -1st); which is what I did last night. With it being fishing season and all I felt it was good to talk about being 'Fishers of Men'. It was good fun. Those little bitty ones can come up with the funniest things too! Aside from the teens there were about 20 children ranging from PreK-6th grade. I give all praise and glory to God for the work He is doing.

Yeah! It's Thursday. Next to Friday, Thursday is my favorite day of the week. It's a psychological thing for me. I know that when we get to Thursday the week is whooped!

Well, I better get to work...burning daylight. Have a great rest of the week! But before I go I must say HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY to my cousin Patrick. Man, I can't believe he's 16!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment