Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Fall

Hi All! I didn't get a chance to post on the first day of Fall; Tuesday-September 22, 2009.

I love Fall. I love the smell to the air, the crispness in the air, the sound of geese as they head south, and the changing colors. We have had such unusual and rainy weather this year things are sure to give us a beautiful show as the colors change. I can already see a pinch of color to the trees and weeds. Some of my favorites are the dogwoods and sassafras as they turn red! That mixed with the yellow hue of the hickory tree is simply beautiful.

I gave my teen class at church an object lesson and fall challenge for the changing season. You see, most people are visual so we have to see something to believe it. Teenagers are no different. So, to help the kids see that God exists I challenged them to take a fall journal of the changing season and note the differences of each day (or however often they write). The main challenge was to get them to spend at least 30 minutes with God in prayer and thought. Hopefully they are doing this. I am also doing the challenge. How else can I expect them to do it if I'm not willing to give at least 30 minutes of my time as well. Actually, if one thinks about it our entire day is God's, all 24 hours of it, because He gave us the day. It's what we do with it that matters. One can choose to either waste it away on worldly nonsense or give it to God. I choose to give it to God because this is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I hope to start taking some pictures to document the changing season. I simply love watching this season change into winter. You can just see everything going to sleep for their winter break.

Spend time with God today!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment