Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fogs in August: Tally comes to 12!

Well ladies and gentlemen; I don't think any men read my blog, but oh well. Today is the first day of September...yeah!!! Fall is just around the corner. If you ask me, fall is already here according to our current weather. I'm sure we'll have another hot snap before the official season change; maybe, maybe not.

So, for the entire month of August I have been counting and documenting the fogs. Just to recap it's meaning. According to folklore and the Farmer's Almanac the number of fogs for the month of August is a prediction of the number of snows we will receive in the winter season. According to my monitoring and calculations we had 12 fogs in August. I recall only a few of the fogs being heavy, dense ones. But I don't know if this has anything to do with the severity of snowfall for winter. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Who knows if this is even accurate? At least it was fun counting the fogs. It will be fun as well to count the snowfalls to see how accurate the prediction is. Remember folks, we are in an area where Northern Arkansas can receive a certain amount of snow compared to Southern Missouri. There may have been more or less fogs in Mtn. Home than at my home in Dora. So to clarify, these 12 fogs were counted from Dora. Who knows if that makes a difference or not. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Until next time . . .

Happy September!!! It's the beginning of soup season!!

1 comment:

  1. Would this be the same as in Dallas. If it did not rain at DFW it did not "offically" rain in Dallas. So... we will wait and see if your snows are the same as in MH.

    ReplyDelete